Skateboarding is a fun sport but it does require some level of skill to master the art. If you don’t have the right skill level, you might not be able to enjoy skating and might even end up getting into accidents.
Besides the skills, you really need to have the best skateboard to skate like a pro. If you’re a beginner, however, you should specifically ask for the best skateboard for beginners when you hit the market to buy one for yourself.
Of course, your skating journey starts with the selection of the right skateboard and you must invest your time in making the right pick here.
Top 10 Best Skateboard for Beginners 2022
- Top 10 Best Skateboard for Beginners 2022
- KPC Pro Complete Skateboard - The KPC Pro sets the bar high
- Meketec 22” Complete Skateboard - This Skateboard is a perfect choice
- Beleev Skateboard For Beginners - Beginner skaters choose Beleev Skateboards
- Cal7 Popsicle Double Kicktail Complete Skateboard - Best skateboards for beginners
- AODI 31” Pro Skateboard - Best choice for cruisers who love cruising
- Kryptonics Original Torpedo 22.5” Skateboard - Best skateboards for girls
- Beleev Complete Retro Mini-Cruiser Skateboard - Beautiful mini-cruiser boasts
- Tony Hawk Complete Skateboard - Best skateboards for beginners
- SkateXS Beginner Panda Street Kids Skateboard - Best skateboard for beginners
- Hikole Complete PRO Double Kick Skateboard - Complete Pro is a wider skateboard
The fun doesn’t end just with our top 3 picks listed above. We bring you an entire range of the best skating tools for beginners that will make every ride worthwhile and will let you learn the skill like never before.
|KPC Pro Complete Skateboard
|Check Latest Price|
|Meketec 22” Complete Skateboard
|Check Latest Price|
Beginner skaters choose
|Beleev Skateboard For Beginners
|Check Latest Price|
Best skateboards for beginners>
|Cal7 Popsicle Double Kicktail Complete Skateboard
|Check Latest Price|
Best choice for cruisers
|AODI 31” Pro Skateboard
|Check Latest Price|
Best skateboards for girls
|Kryptonics Original Torpedo 22.5” Skateboard
|Check Latest Price|
Beautiful mini-cruiser boasts
| Beleev Complete Retro Mini-Cruiser Skateboard
|Check Latest Price|
| Tony Hawk Complete Skateboard
|Check Latest Price|
| SkateXS Beginner Panda Street Kids Skateboard
|Check Latest Price|
| Hikole Complete PRO Double Kick Skateboard
|Check Latest Price|
KPC Pro Complete Skateboard - The KPC Pro sets the bar high
- Professional Design
- High-quality Deck
- Easy to carry
- 99A thick krown wheels
This one really is an excellent choice when it comes to skateboards for beginners, particularly due to the sturdy and wide deck made from Canadian maple. It has a nice professional design that will allow you to turn into a pro by learning the art bit by bit. The deck also looks attractive with all the different graphics and colors it is available in.
It’s a quality piece that comes with 52mm 99A thick krown wheels with graphics giving added stability to the board. Furthermore, the solid aluminum trucks make it even more stable. With these specs, you can always expect to have a smooth ride which makes it a perfect choice for beginner adults.
If you are more concerned about the attractive looks of your learning skateboard, you’d be impressed with the design on the upper side of this skateboard which will definitely satisfy your fashion sense.
It is also quite a lightweight skateboard which can be carried around rather easily and you can have a great time when taking long distance rides on it. It’s also quite easily controlled and that’s why you won’t have trouble learning the skill even if you are a beginner. You can also master the tricks easily as maneuvering a lightweight skateboard is easier compared to a heavier alternative.
- It comes with an affordable price tag
- It has a cool design which makes it perfect, especially, for girls
- With good traction and grip, beginners have a good time learning the art with this skateboard
- It is quite lightweight
- The grip tape is very good
- Some discoloration complaints have been there
Meketec 22” Complete Skateboard - This Skateboard is a perfect choice
- Ideal choice for kids 5 years of age
- Different users with different skill levels
- Pretty easily controlled even by the beginner
- Budget-friendly alternative
If you want to learn skateboarding at a very tender age, this skateboard is a perfect choice for you. Made using meketec plastic cruiser, it is delivered fully-assembled and you can ride it right out of the box. It is 22” in length and 6” in width, which certainly are the perfect dimensions to learn and perform various tricks.
As the skateboard comes pre-assembled, you don’t need to get into the hassle of assembling it. Just take it out and start enjoying smooth rides courtesy its ABEC-7 high-speed bearings and the PU wheels which are both pretty durable.
This really makes a great choice for beginner skaters and young kids as it’s quite lightweight and allows for easy handling. It can carry up to 200 lbs. of weight without fail.
The board is made kids-friendly so that the parents don’t have to worry about their safety at all. It is CE certified for safety and is appropriate for all sorts of riders no matter what their skill level may be. The fat tires of the skateboard make sure that there aren’t any crashes when you cross over those tiny rocks on your runway.
You can always enjoy a smooth ride and can move fast too. The durable aluminum trucks have 3” thickness as well which makes them quite durable and perfect for speedy rides.
You can also take your skateboard anywhere you like and not just the skating rink. Hit the park, roads, and even school with your skateboard and enjoy a perfect ride every time.
- It makes an ideal choice for kids 5 years of age
- It can effectively serve the needs of different users with different skill levels
- Being lightweight, it is pretty easily controlled even by the beginner skaters
- It is quite a budget-friendly alternative
- It comes with kick tails to allow for easily performing different tricks
- You can always enjoy a smooth ride courtesy of its 3” aluminum trucks
- Paint easily peels off on impact
- Short length may not offer as much stability as other options on the list
Beleev Skateboard For Beginners - Beginner skaters choose Beleev Skateboards
- Extremely smooth riding experience
- Best control even when running at higher speeds
- Quite lightweight
- Easier to carry around with you
Mostly, the beginner skaters choose Beleev Skateboards because of all the strengths and strikingly attractive branding of these beautiful pieces. The skateboard is built sturdy with 10mm 7-Ply Canadian Maple wood and can withstand riders weighing up to around 220 lbs. The 7-layered design adds greater strength while building the best resistance internally to offer added safety.
It comes equipped with heavy-duty 5-inch aluminum alloy trucks which make it sturdy and reliable, especially for beginners. In fact, it is an ideal choice for riders of all skill levels and riding styles including cruising, tricks, freestyle riding, and commuting.
The skateboard is built in a concave shape which offers a perfect flex when you take sharp corners and perform the toughest of skateboarding tricks. For an even better ride, the 31”x8” dimensions give the riders just enough space for moving freely as they ride and be safe while performing those tricks.
Like other top-quality longboards, it comes with an ABEC-7 rating as well for its high-speed precision chrome bearings. Besides, the superior shock absorption and anti-slippery 5mm 95A high-rebound PU wheels allow for a smooth ride every time.
They can effectively absorb those sidewalk cracks and street bumps and give you a smooth riding experience every time. This skateboard is also known for its top-rated PVC cushioning. There’s an all-in-one skate T-Tool included in the package to give you everything for repairing and tightening up your skateboard as well.
Also Check > > > Best Skateboards for Kids
If you have a sense of fashion, you’d love its creative, eye-catching graphics and color scheme. The board’s pattern has been printed using Heat Transfer Printing which makes it durable and long-lasting. Overall, it’s a perfect pick in skateboards and you’re going to enjoy every bit of your ride on this wonderful piece.
- It is fast and offers an extremely smooth riding experience
- You can enjoy better control even when running at higher speeds
- It is quite lightweight
- It is compact and you can pack it easier to carry around with you
- It’s the best skateboard for beginners
- You don’t have to spend too much time assembling
- It may not be an ideal choice for too rough terrains
- The wheels might need replacement after a little while
Cal7 Popsicle Double Kicktail Complete Skateboard - Best skateboards for beginners
- Doesn’t suffer any kind of wheel bite
- Double kicktail design
- Deck allows you to make simple changes
- Edge-to-edge pre-applied grip tape
This Cal7 Popsicle skateboard is a perfect choice for those free-spirited teens as well as the adventurous adults who wish to try some new tricks and master the art of skateboarding.
The concave deck with double kicktail allows you to take your skateboard just about everywhere and cruise on the streets learning and showing of your tricks. The lighter weight of this skateboard makes it easy to carry as well. Its unique design boasts of some appealing graphics to capture everyone’s eye and you’re going to love it too.
It is one of the best skateboards for beginners and is suited perfectly to the kids 5 years and older. With a concave design, double kicktail, ABEC-7 bearings, and 52mm 99A/100A urethane wheels, it offers all the control you need as a beginner and makes your rides worthwhile. When you cruise around and learn some tricks, you can rely on this skateboard.
The quality of the grip tape is always a concern when it comes to cheaper skateboard alternatives, and you might have to face that with Cal 7 Popsicle as well. You might have to replace that soon too. Fortunately, however, it comes with a 1-year warranty and you don’t really have to worry about that too much.
- The skateboard doesn’t suffer any kind of wheel bite
- Playing tricks with your skateboard is easier than ever courtesy of its double kicktail design
- It comes with a sturdy 7-ply maple build
- The medium concave deck allows you to make simple changes in your stance
- It comes with edge-to-edge pre-applied grip tape
- It may not be the best choice for you if you’re planning to skate on the asphalt tracks
- It may be too wide to handle for kids below 5 years of age
AODI 31” Pro Skateboard - Best choice for cruisers who love cruising
- Offers a wide deck which is perfect
- Highly stable and makes sure you don’t twist as you skate
- Unique drop through technology
- Skateboard and doesn’t pose any safety risks
The AODI 31” Pro is probably the best choice for cruisers who love cruising around the streets and enjoy their time skating. It’s quite a well-designed skateboard that is more stable than any other options around. It is very much in-demand today and is a preferred choice for beginner skateboarders.
It’s a sturdy piece that features a deck constructed using 7-later Canadian maple and measures 31”x7.9”x3.7”. With its unique design, it offers absolute flex and can also withstand up to 100 Kgs or 220lbs. of weight. Besides, it is super-lightweight weighing just 2.3 Kgs. So, you can easily carry it around with you anywhere you like.
It features ABEC-7 bearings and offers super shock absorption features as well as abrasion resistance, greater comfort, and more grip to make it a safe ride for beginners as they learn the art of skating. It makes an appropriate choice for skaters who skate on the streets, ramps, pools, skate parks, and various other smooth surfaces.
It’s a perfect choice for skaters who wish to master some new tricks but can also work equally well for the skilled skaters. With its double-kick dissymmetric concave and custom emery sandpaper, it offers enough locked feeling to your feet and allows you to quickly learn the desired tricks and spend time to master them well.
The AODI 31” Pro is appropriate for riders of all age groups including kids and adults. So, no matter at what age you want to learn skating you can choose AODI 31” Pro as your first skateboard.
What’s even more important is that it comes with the best quality 55mm 85A PU wheels and features already-fixed Seagull solid aluminum trucks that measure 5” in size. As a result, you can expect greater stability and exceptionally smooth rides and don’t need to worry at all about safety even if you’re a beginner.
Your skateboard will take you through even the toughest of terrains without getting you harmed. It performs just fine over those cracks and bumps which might come in your way as you cruise around the city.
- It offers a wide deck which is perfect for the beginner skaters
- It is highly stable and makes sure you don’t twist as you skate
- It uses a unique drop through technology
- It is pretty easy to control and allows you to take superfast rides
- It is a sturdy skateboard and doesn’t pose any safety risks at all
- It may be slightly heavier than most skateboards on the list.
Kryptonics Original Torpedo 22.5” Skateboard - Best skateboards for girls
- Is durable and quite long-lasting
- Boasts of a strong and sturdy deck
- Ideal choice to learn and master new tricks
- It’s quite affordable
Here you go with yet another popular skateboard with a cool design. It really is a standout option when it comes to the best skateboards for girls. It has a colorful and durable deck to offer while the wheels are colorless but are made sturdy with polyurethane material. You can always expect a smooth cruising experience with your Kryptonics Original Torpedo.
It offers a 22.5” deck that is made with strong custom-molded polypropylene and features a cool grip pattern as well as an integrated rear grip tape to offer traction and stability. The fun graphics aren’t compromised at all with the grip tape and it still attracts the design-conscious skaters.
You can always expect a smooth ride on any surface courtesy of its 62mm x 51mm polyurethane wheels as well as carbon steel ABEC-5 bearings. So, no matter how high you go on speed, you never have to compromise the overall experience.
It features trucks crafted using thick 3.25” pro aluminum as well as polyurethane-injected bushings to support faster speed and higher weight. And with its 22.5” x 6” sturdy deck, it can easily bear up to 110 lbs. of weight. So, with that kind of durability, beginners can ride with the peace of mind that their skateboard won’t easily break even if a ride goes haywire.
The skateboard comes pre-assembled and is certainly a great choice for beginners interested in learning the skating art and mastering the tricks of the trade. It works well even for experts too. Overall, you can expect less bumpy rides and a great learning experience.
- It is durable and quite long-lasting
- It boasts of a strong and sturdy deck
- You get the right amount of traction you need as a beginner to ensure safe and stable rides
- It makes an ideal choice to learn and master new tricks
- It’s quite affordable
- The load-bearing capacity could have been a little higher
Beleev Complete Retro Mini-Cruiser Skateboard - Beautiful mini-cruiser boasts
- Stable skateboard perfect for beginners
- Light-up wheels are a very cool feature
- Weighs just 3.8lbs
- Kicktail design offers extra control
This beautiful mini-cruiser boasts of thick plastic construction and offers a unique flat nose design with a raised tail. It might come to your surprise that the deck of this skateboard doesn’t feature any grip tape. However, it offers additional traction with its textured surface and is pretty safe to ride on.
Its large wheels, ABEC-7 bearings, and medium bushings offer a smooth cruising experience every time. A smooth ride means you’re not as likely to tumble and fall off when you cruise on those uneven surfaces.
The mini skateboard comes fully-assembled and you can go on a joyride as soon as you take it out of the box. The design is pretty simple and looks cool too. It offers lots of room to the skater to move on the deck courtesy of its 22”x6” dimensions. It weighs around 3.8 lbs. and can be easily toted around. Carrying it with you everywhere is easy too as it will fit nicely into your backpack or carry-on.
The light-up wheels make it even more fun if you’re interested in an impressively cool cruising experience. It detects movement and the wheels light up, and it’s pretty colorful and bright. That certainly makes for a fun ride. Remember, there is no need to charge or replace batteries for the wheels to light up.
The overall performance is excellent as well courtesy of its sturdy, durable polypropylene deck which can easily carry riders weighing around 220lbs.
It also comes equipped with 3.25” aluminum trucks to offer maximum control and speed. The kicktail design offers extra control as you ride and makes it a perfect choice for different maneuvers. Added safety is ensured with the non-slip board used in the construction.
The skateboard has been designed specifically for teens, kids, and adults who wish to enjoy fun rides and cruise around town.
- It is quite a stable skateboard perfect for beginners
- The light-up wheels are a very cool feature that kids adore
- It weighs just 3.8lbs. and can be transported anywhere without any hassles
- The kicktail design offers extra control as you move
- You can expect great performance overall
- The wheel-lights aren’t rechargeable and are molded into its wheels
Tony Hawk Complete Skateboard - Best skateboards for beginners
- Durable deck which is made using sturdy maple wood
- Quite affordable and comes with a very unique design
- Perfect choice for speedy rides
- Offers all the stability in the world
It is one of the best skateboards for beginners who wish to learn some tricks and cruise around. It really makes a wonderful choice for travel, sport, entertainment, and even learning the art. Just rip around on your cruiser board and enjoy your time as you move around the neighborhood. It also boasts of some wonderful graphics and is a great choice for those who care about the looks.
This complete skateboard is 31” in length and is made using sturdy 7-ply maple wood. The top of its deck is finished with anti-slip grip tape to ensure a safe ride every time. The deck features a double kicktail design which is just perfect for learning the tricks and mastering them.
You can do everything from Ollie, heal-flip, kick-flip, and manual tricks with this skateboard. You can expect a smooth ride every time no matter what.
The skateboard features 60mm PU wheels that make a perfect choice for anyone who wishes to enjoy a speedy ride and perform some tricks rising higher off the surface. It also features 6-inch Signature aluminum trucks from Tony Hawk that offer lots of stability as well as the ability to turn quickly. It’s also quite lightweight as well.
The large wheels also help dampen any bumps as you move and you can glide smoothly over most of the surfaces. Just ensure that you’re wearing complete protective gear, including the helmet, as you ride and cruise around.
The product receives lots of praise for its beautiful design as well as the affordability it has to offer. It will give you all the confidence you need to perform different tricks and practice them after learning a few. Generally, the product has received great ratings and most of the customers were pretty happy with their purchase.
- It is a durable deck which is made using sturdy maple wood
- It’s quite affordable and comes with a very unique design
- It makes a perfect choice for speedy rides and for performing different tricks
- It offers all the stability in the world and you can turn quickly with great control, something every beginner would love
- Some complaints exist about the quality of bearings and wheels
SkateXS Beginner Panda Street Kids Skateboard - Best skateboard for beginners
- High-quality bamboo deck
- 24 amazing color options
- Jessup Grip Tape is used for giving you optimal control
- Lightweight allows for easy maneuvering
This high-quality skateboard is the best skateboard for beginners – both little kids and teenagers alike – and allows you to perform tricks at will. The high-quality skateboard is made using bamboo and offers skaters the chance to learn skating from scratch and advance their skill to the level where they can perform some of the top tricks at the skating rink.
The skateboard has been designed by the skateboarding parents and is tailor-made for kids. It’s been designed keeping in mind the needs of the younger skaters and ensures that they are able to turn easily while maintaining great balance. As a result, the kids are able to learn skating from scratch and can safely learn the skills to perform tricks over time.
The bamboo deck is not just made lightweight and long-lasting, but it’s quite environment-friendly as well. In addition, it comes in 24 cool colors and gives you lots of options to choose from.
It’s a high-performance skateboard that has been appropriately sized for use by kids. With appropriate size, it makes skateboarding fun, easier, and safer for the little ones.
Besides, on the safety front, the skateboard comes equipped with the Jessup Grip Tape as well to offer maximum control, traction, and a fall-safe riding experience overall.
The size chart provided is pretty accurate and you won’t have any trouble in picking the right size for your little one as they gear up to take their first skating ride.
The designs are pretty attractive too and kids really love them. Overall, it is something worth every penny you spend and gets very little wear and tear.
Even though it may be a bit on the expensive side, but you shouldn’t really mind that considering the value you’ll be getting in return. Your kid should be able to learn all those skateboarding tricks safely with this board.
- It features a sustainable, high-quality bamboo deck
- You get 24 amazing color options to choose from
- The Jessup Grip Tape is used for giving you optimal control and a fall-safe ride
- It is lightweight and allows for easy maneuvering as you perform different tricks
- It gets very little wear and tear after use
- It may be a little expensive but it’s certainly well worth every penny you spend
Hikole Complete PRO Double Kick Skateboard - Complete Pro is a wider skateboard
- Affordable skateboard for beginners
- Allows beginners to master all the basic tricks
- Allow teens to learn the tricks of skating
- Appealing designs that are both gender-neutral
The Hikole Complete Pro is a wider skateboard that is capable of comfortably accommodating heavier or taller teens. It is quite stable and can still be easily maneuverable during the rides you take through the streets, in the skate park, and anywhere else. It also makes a perfect choice to learn the very basics of every trick you could perform with your skateboard.
It comes in 31”x8” dimensions with a double kick concave design, making it ideal for beginners to perform basic stunts like OL action, 360’s, etc. Its high-density 7-layered Canadian maple construction really makes it a solid piece that can easily fight routine wear and tear and can also carry up to 220lbs. of weight.
In addition, it comes with a top-quality black grip tape covering the board to ensure a more powerful and stable grip while skating.
The 50mm 85A PU wheels are used in its construction and it also features ABEC-7 precision bearings with PU bushings for a smooth riding experience every time. With these specs, it’s just perfect for skating on the streets, pools, ramps, skate parks, and other similar smooth surfaces.
It won’t disappoint you on the rough ground either as it manages quite well over small bumps and uneven surfaces. The mid-level bearings also allow you to take the corners, if they aren’t too tight, and avoid sudden tumbling from your tippy board.
Generally, the Hikole Complete Pro works perfectly fine for kids aged 5 years and above. It doesn’t require any assembling and you can conveniently take it out of the box and start enjoying your rides.
- It is quite an affordable skateboard for beginners
- It allows beginners to master all the basic tricks such as 360 and OL action
- It’s strong enough to allow teens to learn the tricks of skating and is not just for little kids
- You can get this product in a couple of appealing designs that are both gender-neutral
FAQs – Frequently Asked Questions
Whether you are planning to do skating as a sport or just a hobby, it’s really important to first learn and master the skill. And, for that, you really need to invest in the best skateboard for beginners.
Find something that meets your specific requirements based on your age, height, experience, and design preferences, and an excellent beginner skateboard is waiting for you.
It is really important to keep safety in mind when making a pick because most beginners end up in accidents and injure themselves as they learn the art of skating. So, better buy something that’s safe enough for you whether you’re a kid beginner or an adult.